Principal Security Consultant
Technical | Marlow, Bristol, Whiteley, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow
Would you like to be part of a team that is growing?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Cyber Security Services Team
This an exciting opportunity to start as a Principal Security Consultant as part of the Cyber Security Services Team. This business unit is one of the fastest growing BU’s in Softcat in recent years and a key focus by the business moving forward. Softcat’s Cyber Assessment Services (CAS) help businesses understand their current risk posture, as well as an achievable desired state, through both technical and organisational processes
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery and growth of Softcat’s Cyber Assessment Services, working with customers and sales teams to deliver a successful service and assisting sales.
As Principal Security Consultant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Representing the Cyber Services Team in your offices
- Conducting security assessments with customers over Calls
- Writing relevant reports for customers after assessments
- Delivering training to sales around the CAS offering
- Assisting the wider cyber assessment team in analysis of collected security data
- Delivering reporting to customers and explaining results
- Obtaining feedback and case studies from customers around CAS.
What we need from you
- Experience working in a busy environment handling multiple work streams
- Experience with Security technologies
- Experience leading customers and challenging them positively
- Experience articulating complex concepts succinctly
- Security Certifications are desirable, such as CISSP.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefits include:
- Great Maternity, Paternity and Adoption support
- Max employer pension contributions of 5%
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance
- Buy extra holiday plus an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday
- Technology vouchers, activity passes, restaurant discount cards
- Option to add your partner/family to some of the benefits
- Access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all perks and flexible benefits
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description