Apprentices | Marlow
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Are you looking to develop your skills and realise your full potential?
Join our Apprenticeship Scheme on the Procurement Team.
For ambitious school leavers, a Softcat Apprenticeship is a great first step into the world of work. You earn, learn and gain qualifications while starting out on a structured career.
Qualification: Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
The Procurement (Buyer) Team sits in our Business Operations Division. They are responsible for purchasing all customer orders and negotiating best pricing with our distribution centres.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Drive the success of the business.
As a Buyer Apprentice, you’ll be responsible for:
- Raising orders and ensuring they meet manufacturer requirements and price
- Working to tight deadlines to ensure orders are processed to agreed service level agreements
- Managing queries relating to orders from sales teams, suppliers and manufacturers
- Manage a high volume of orders for all Softcat offices
- Supporting other members of the team where required
What we need from you
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with different personalities across the business
- Ability to learn quickly and retain large quantities of information
- Ability to work as part of a hardworking and conscientious team and provide support to other team members
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description