Technical Implementation Engineer
Technical | Marlow, Manchester, Leeds, South Coast, Birmingham
Service Integration Manager
Competitive salary plus benefits
The Service Integration team are a proficient, fast-paced, and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service by driving innovation, new customer/service introduction and quality deliverables by working with the wider business. Their drive is to ensure everything is built, developed and accepted into service and transitioned into support & operation with a high degree of confidence, quality, and collaboration so that our Service Desk & Support teams can provide a first-class customer service from the very start.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
As Technical Implementation Engineer, you will be working with both the business analyst and the technical teams to ensure that projects move from design through plan, build and into BAU smoothly. Ensuring that all areas of either a new customer or new service are considered and delivered. Working across different disciplines within the Operations Centre from networking through to AWS and Azure.
You will be responsible for the creation of plans for the delivery and transition of projects, from the technical solutions and sales teams, into the implementation phase, whilst remaining acutely aware of customer centric communication, throughout the project lifecycle.
Within the role, you will be expected to work with different teams, including the support teams, by ensuring they have the necessary training on new solutions/services introduced by working closely with the team leaders and Project Management, by offering support for all implementations.
You will be seen as a technical stakeholder, representing the operational teams and participating in "Lessons learned activities" and providing valuable feedback to the technical solutions team.
What we need from you
- Excellent inter-personal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload accordingly
- A subject matter expert within their own discipline who has a broader understanding of all aspects of Managed Services; including but not restricted to: Public Cloud, Networking, Security, Servers, and Storage
- Consultative on your wider area of expertise, with an understanding of the implications of new technologies and developments in your area of accountability
- Ability to keep up to date with changes and new developments in technological, procedural and best practice frameworks across Managed Services through personal development activities
- IMPORTANT: You will be put through SC clearance upon hire, so need to either possess an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working remotely – from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Flexible Hybrid working - happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector