Technical | Marlow, London or Manchester
Team Lead Project Management
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be managing infrastructure and services projects for Softcat’s customers. This role will involve both public and private sector customers and may require travel between your Softcat base location and client sites.
You’ll manage the development and delivery of the solution to meet the customer’s business needs, working with multiple services teams, aligning the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. You’ll work both individually as well as alongside project managers and project coordinators to lead and support projects of varying size and complexity.
What we need from you
- You’ll have a demonstrable background in managing infrastructure or managed service-based projects, ideally within a comparable organisation, ranging in complexity
- PRINCE2 Practitioner qualified (or hold an equivalent project management accreditation)
- A proven track record of working within Local Government or wider Public Sector is highly advantageous
- Excellent project management skills
- You’ll enjoy working collaboratively, have an open-minded approach, a focus on excellence and thrive in a genuinely people centric company
- A strong understanding of the IT industry is advantageous
- You’ll be well versed in full life-cycle project management, technically astute in infrastructure technologies and adopt project management best practices
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.