Reward, Payroll and Policy Manager
Business | All UK Offices
Any Softcat office with regular travel to Marlow
Competitive plus benefits
*Though we're recruiting this role as full time, we'd be open to considering part-time hours and patterns
This is your opportunity to join Softcat as Reward, Payroll and Policy Manager and play a key role in driving the success of our people function.
Success. The Softcat way.
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we’re a technology solutions business built around our people. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
As Reward, Payroll and Policy Manager you’ll be responsible for the strategy and delivery of Softcat’s compensation, benefits, perks and payroll. You’ll also play a vital role by being the lead on HR systems, people data and employee policies, working closely with key members of the HR and L&D teams.
You’ll be pivotal in the creation, development and delivery of Softcat’s total Reward strategy and policy. Alongside this, you’ll manage the Payroll function (one employee) to ensure that all regular and ad hoc payroll processes are completed on time and accurately. You’ll take control of writing and implementing our employee policies across all subjects, ensuring buy-in from HR Partners, and own the relationship with Softcat’s HR and Payroll systems, and identify areas for improvement where possible.
What we need from you
- Reward expert, currently working in the HR department of a medium or large-sized company, or alternatively working in a reward consultancy. Public company experience an advantage
- Experience implementing a reward strategy and pay review process
- Experience working on commission schemes and executive remuneration
- Understanding of payroll processes, ideally with experience of managing this area
- Strong working knowledge of employment law and its application in employee policies
- Confident producing and manipulating management data to inform decisions
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Excellent prioritisation, organisation and communication skills
- Commercially astute
- Ability to confidently engage with, and influence, senior stakeholders
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.