Sales Specialist - ITAM
Sales | Marlow, London, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, South Coast, Glasgow
Reports To: ITAM Sales Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
About the team
We pride ourselves on consistently delivering the best possible service to both our Account Managers and customers, whilst maintaining an openly fun and friendly atmosphere.
Our IT Assessment Management team helps organisations drive transformation and improvements in areas such as compliance, IT asset management, public cloud management and software licensing.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve recently passed the £1 billion pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards.
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals.
About the Role
You would be expected to proactively work with the general and wider sales team to ensure Softcat are in the best position to develop and uncover new opportunities, close opportunities, and execute marketing campaigns to drive new opportunities. We are looking for someone who will get stuck in and who is able to work with a variety of people within our vendors and Softcat. The role will require excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
What you'll be doing
- Developing a thorough understanding of the customer and recommending solutions to meet business goals and address technical issues
- Providing topical information and knowledge via phone, email, seminars and social media.
- Working in partnership with account managers to identify and maximise the potential of existing accounts and prospects.
- Developing contacts within the account where appropriate.
- Ensuring the service received by the customer is at a high level.
- Understanding and applying a defined sales process to maximise sales efficiency
What we need from you
- Resilience and tenacity
- Strong communication skills – via email, in person, and on the phone
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Articulate – ability to present information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly
- Have the appetite to learn and take on new challenges.
- Be proactive and highly motivated
- Strong communication skills.
- Have a broad understanding of products such as Snow, Ivanti & ServiceNow
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.