SAM Intelligence Team Leader
Technical | Marlow, Whiteley, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Glasgow
Join our SAM Intelligence Team,
The SAM Intelligence Team currently supports a number of key Softcat customers by providing remote and on-site SAM services. This successful service is expanding, and the team work proactively with customers as trusted advisors providing optimisation recommendations, compliance assessments and scheduled service reports with regular workshop meetings – all to ensure that our customers are totally in control of their software estate.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Are you passionate about supporting and managing a team?
As the SAM Intelligence Team Leader, you will be accountable for the high level of service required to be delivered to our clients. You will mentor and develop team members, ensuring the team has the progression opportunities and skill sets to deliver the next generation of ITAM services.
As a SAM Intelligence Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage, support and develop the current and future team members
- Work with stakeholders and other departments to drive forward service improvements and enhancements, and increase the value to customers
- Ensure you are well informed on wider industry activities and market movements
- Own and support larger strategic clients as part of our standard service deliverable
- Promote the service and ensure the sales teams have the required training and knowledge
- Work with the Head of Asset Intelligence to develop and drive the team forward increasing our services levels and capability
What we need from you
- Experience with a software license management solution such as Snow Software, Flexera etc would be an advantage
- Previous experience at a senior level of running a similar SAM based service
- Previous exposure to software and hardware infrastructure and terminology
- People management experience is desirable
- Knowledge of license management, ITIL processes and discovery tools and experience of software vendors licensing models would be an advantage
- Experience with building effective license positions would be an advantage
Please note, you’ll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you’ll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefits include:
- Great Maternity, Paternity and Adoption support
- Max employer pension contributions of 5%
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance
- Buy extra holiday plus an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday
- Technology vouchers, activity passes, restaurant discount cards
- Option to add your partner/family to some of the benefits
- Access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all perks and flexible benefits
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description