Security Analyst L2
Technical | Marlow
Security Intelligence Manager
Competitive Salary plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. We can provide you with the opportunity to expand and progress your career further.
You will support the security engineering team with deploying, troubleshooting and managing the security platform for multiple customers.
This position provides you with the chance to work and build relationships
with a large variety of security vendors, especially through onboarding process.
What we need from you
- Passionate about Cyber Security
- Possess a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Experience with attack vectors such as Malware, Trojans, Exploit Kits, Ransomware and Phishing techniques advantageous
- Hands-on experience with SIEM platforms, such as Alien Vault, Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications, and/or Penetration Testing
- Previously worked in a similar environment such as SOC and performing incident response (experience in a technical security role but not necessarily SOC will also be considered)
- Strong background in analysing information technology logs and events sources preferred
- Ability to dynamically assess risks, threats & threat actors for new and existing customers
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with ability to translate and technical information to a non-technical audience
- A capable individual who can effectively multi-task, prioritise work, and handle competing interests
- Customer focused and proactive in following up on (customer) issues
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.