Head of Asset Intelligence
Marlow, South Coast, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds or Birmingham
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Cloud Intelligence Analyst, you will be expected to proactively support clients within the Cloud Intelligence Service (CIS) to analyse, optimise and manage their Cloud estate. Through monthly workshops, scheduled reviews and proactive activities you will work closely with clients to ensure they obtain the maximum value from their investment in public cloud. You will be required to form trusted advisor relationships with key CIS clients, whilst utilizing an industry leading cloud optimisation solution (CloudHealth) to proactively review and improve a clients Cloud estate. You will be required to perform end to end technical onboarding of clients Cloud estate into the CloudHealth platform, provide detailed reporting as part of a scheduled service and proactively identify cost savings and infrastructure optimisation opportunities in clients public cloud environments.
What we need from you
- Substantial experience and knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and terminology
- Demonstrable experience of AWS and Azure technology
- Related experience in a technical cloud, or solutions architect position
- Good understanding of FinOps principles would be an advantage
- You will also be expected to work towards the CloudHealth vendor certification
- Industry certifications in AWS and/or Azure would be beneficial
- Significant experience working with Cloud optimisation solutions such as CloudHealth would be an advantage but not required
- Knowledge of asset management principles would be an advantage
- You will be required to hold or obtain a SC Clearance
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.