Senior Credit Analyst
Business | Marlow
Credit Risk Manager
Competitive with excellent benefits
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices, and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses, and a company that feels like a family – with buzzing office locations, lots going on socially and a real sense of working together and achieving together.
This role will be a key member of our growing credit risk team supporting our rapidly growing and dynamic IT solutions business. This passionate, highly numerate analyst will work closely with our finance and sales teams as well as our external insurance underwriter team to maintain credit risk controls within an existing framework.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and confident at making credit decisions, possess excellent communication skills and an understanding of the credit risk we’re taking. Good organisational skills and an ability to plan and deliver against demanding deadlines. Softcat increasingly rely on the internal credit assessment team to manage credit risk when supporting the business in its deal approval process. As a result, the internal credit assessment team is growing in number and expertise. This role will be key in driving the credit review process for the huge number of customers that the Company trades with, balancing the company’s risk appetite with the demands of the sales force.
What we need from you
We are looking for a highly numerate and motivated individual with at least demonstrable experience in a credit analyst role or similar
- Proven analytical skills with ability to document findings and make recommendations
- Strength of character to stand by decisions and explain to those less familiar with credit risk
- Demonstrable ability to think around a subject, considering risk implications of our current policies and procedure
- Ability to take calculated risks with favourable outcomes
- Strong financial literacy and ability to interpret financial information from a credit-worthiness perspective
- Contribution to development of credit policies & to business process improvement
- Strong record of success in a fast-paced environment, with ability to manage own work and deadlines.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether its activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
Apply now: To become part of the success story