Senior End User Device Sales Specialist
Sales | Marlow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, Glasgow, South Coast, Birmingham
End User Team Leader
Softcat’s End User team is on the front line of our customer’s IT strategies, focused on helping organisations deliver world class user experiences through technology, with the right management and services overlay to deliver this effectively and in a cost-efficient manner. We cover end user devices – physical and virtual – alongside phones, peripherals and anything else facing an end user. We then provide cradle to grave logistics & analytics services (DaaS) alongside helping our customers design and build approaches that deliver applications and data to their users in an agile and easy to consume way.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
You would be expected to work proactively and in close partnership with our sales teams to uncover and develop end user opportunities into Softcat’s base of 10,000 customers. We welcome a vocal applicant, who likes to get stuck into strategy and future direction of our services, and will be excited to get stuck in to this fast moving and changing landscape of how people work. An ideal candidate would have a proven track record on providing device and end user solutions, expertise on key vendors, and be able to articulate a strong story on delivering an effective workspace through end user technologies.
What you'll be doing
- Identify and qualify End User opportunities within new customers, driving new business and maximising GP as well as our existing customer base
- Developing a thorough understanding of the customer and recommending solutions to meet business goals and address technical challenges.
- Providing topical information and knowledge via phone, email, seminars and social media.
- Working in partnership with account managers to identify and maximise the potential of existing accounts and prospects.
- Developing contacts within the account where appropriate.
- Ensuring the service received by the customer are at a high level.
- Understanding and applying a defined sales process to maximise sales efficiency.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable end user device sales experience
- Considerable sales or similar, experience in large corporate and/or the public sector marketplace.
- Have the appetite to learn and take on new tasks
- Be proactive and highly driven
- Strong communication skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
Other benefits include a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.