Senior Support Services Specialist
Sales | Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow
Support Services Specialist Team Leader
This an exciting opportunity to join as a Senior Services Sales Specialist in one of the fastest growing BU’s in Softcat and are a huge contributor for the £230m+ Softcat services business. A lot of organisations are thinking about how they get more out of their current managed and support contracts, plus rethink how they can outsource certain areas to alleviate resource and cost pressures right now.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
In this role you will be responsible for the growth of Softcat’s managed and support solutions within our customer base. You will be expected to sell and solution all types of support services, regularly engaging with Account Managers, Customers, Vendors and Trusted Partners.
We need someone who has considerable service sales experience, confidence and an aptitude for managing multiple work streams and driving £500k+ of annual gross profit. We would prefer the person to have experience in at least one of the following areas; Cisco managed services, support/break-fix contracts, multi-vendor solutions and infrastructure intelligence and monitoring solutions. Services knowledge is essential as we will expect you to be a subject matter expert capable of championing support and managed services into Softcat’s 13,000+ customer base.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding, selling and creating multivendor hardware and software solutions.
- Driving the penetration of managed and support solutions in Softcat customers
- Hitting personal sales targets
- Education and advocacy of support and managed solutions across the Softcat locations
- Increase market share through competitive engagements
- Training and education of Softcat Account Managers to find support and managed Solutions within their customers
- Managing an extended team of vendors, suppliers & Softcat employee’s
- Continually improve the business
What we need from you
- Experience in working in a busy environment handling multiple work streams
- Sales experience in services is preferred but not essential
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, well-organised with good attention to detail
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely – from home up to 2 days per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday
To become part of the success story, please apply online now.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.