Service Designer Associate
Technical | Marlow
1st January 2020
Service Architect Team Lead
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
As a Service Designers Associate, you will be focussed on the design of services for Softcat and our Customers, taking responsibility for creating service design processes and procedures that contractually and operationally meet the specified requirements, whilst ensuring that relevant service strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly. Working closely with the Service Portfolio Management team, you will support the development, build and delivery of new services as well as enhance existing offerings. You will be responsible for creating and managing the operational service designs, to include process maps, RACI’s and supporting collateral. Whilst engaging with our Solutions teams and Customers to scope and agree customer specific processes and interfaces, producing Service Architecture documentation as required by contract deliverables.
What we need from you
- ITIL (v3) preferable, with an awareness and understanding of other service methodologies such as SIAM and Agile beneficial
- Experience of working within an IT Services organisation
- Contract review experience in an Operational capacity, focussed on requirements and solutions alignment
- No experience with design needed
- Demonstrable experience of working in a highly analytical way to find creative solutions to design challenges
- Excellent written and oral skills, with the ability to present information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly, ensuring effective communication
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within a cross-functional virtual team and with key stakeholders
- Demonstrable organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to spot new opportunities to improve services through people, processes, and tools
- Ability to prioritise conflicting needs and balance work priorities, organise own workload, excellent time management skills, work with minimal supervision, and under pressure to meet deadlines, and respond quickly to new situations whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify business needs, customer challenges and requirement
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether its activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy an extra holiday for yourself or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply below now! Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.