Service Desk Analyst - 6 Month FTC
Technical | Marlow
Service Desk Team Leader
Competitive plus benefits
The Managed Lifecycle Service Desk and Support team are a new and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service as expected on any support desk it can be challenging but is also extremely rewarding when you see the issue through to resolution.
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices, and experienced professionals. If you are ready to give your all, Softcat is where you will get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat Way
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We are a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential
** FTC with the possibility of a permanent Contract **
In this role you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all necessary support tickets are progressed to the Service Desk and suppliers. You will need to be confident working in a fast-paced environment, as you will be a main contact between the Ops Centre teams, the Managed Services clients, and the rest of the company; fielding day-to-day queries regarding hardware orders and the lifecycle of these orders or escalate the query as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities include.
- Handling incoming telephone call, emails, and portal tickets from our internal and external managed services customers regarding their IT requirements
- Log and manage equipment requests.
- Process Service Requests
- Ensuring all tickets are progressed within both the Service Desk and resolver groups.
- Maintain high levels of request ownership through the request lifecycle to a satisfactory Customer resolution.
- Working with 3rd party partners to aid in the resolution of Service Requests.
What we need from you
- Articulate; ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, competitive and results driven.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements, whilst maintaining a focus on quality work.
- Good time management, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests.
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.