Service Desk Apprentice
Apprentices | Marlow
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Are you looking to develop your skills and realise your full potential?
Join our Apprenticeship Scheme on the Service Desk Team
The Service Desk and Support team are a fast paced and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service. You will get involved in exciting technologies such as Networking, Security, Microsoft and Storage & Virtualisation. As expected on any support desk it can be challenging but is also extremely rewarding when you see the issue through to resolution.
Success. The Softcat Way.
For ambitious school leavers, a Softcat Apprenticeship is a great first step into the world of work. You earn, learn and gain qualifications while starting out on a structured career. Our award-winning scheme has set many Softcatters on the path to success.
Develop your career in technology by supporting our customers.
In this role you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all necessary support tickets are progressed to the Service Desk and resolution teams.
As a Service Desk Apprentice, you’ll be responsible for:
- Logging, troubleshooting and resolving Incidents and Service Requests.
- Handling incoming telephone call, emails and online tickets from our Managed Services customers regarding their IT requirements.
- Ensuring all tickets are progressed within both the Service Desk and Resolutions groups.
- Maintaining high levels of ownership of the Incident process, from initial enquiry through to offering a resolution to the customer.
What we need from you
- Good time management, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Motivated, competitive and results driven.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements, whilst maintaining a focus on quality work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description