Service Desk Engineer
Technical | Marlow
Join our Service Desk Team
The Service Desk and Support team are a proficient, fast-paced team who are committed to providing excellent customer service. We support a multitude of technologies such as Cisco, Check Point and Microsoft. Which means you will work alongside engineers with a variety of skills, giving you the opportunity to learn something new.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
investigate support cases and proactive system monitoring
As a Service Desk Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Log all incidents, service requests, changes and problems that are raised to the Service Desk
- Proactively manage ticket updates to all customers, 3rd parties and Vendors through to resolution
- Working alongside a Shift lead to complete any objectives and tasks assigned to you
- Maintain high levels of incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution
- When required, attend the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Problem Review meetings
What we need from you
- Excellent customer service and written skills
- Worked in a similar environment – Managed Services Support Desk
- Ability to work across a breadth of Microsoft Solutions such as, Windows OS, Server OS, Windows Networking and Active Directory
- Experience working within a Virtualised environment (VMware/Hyper V)
- Basic Networking & Security Skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description