Service Operations Manager
Technical | Marlow
Head of Technical Services & Solutions - Operations
Competitive plus benefits
About the Team
The Service Desk and Support team are a proficient, fast-paced team dedicated to ensuring that services offered meet agreed Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators 24 x 7. The team are involved with exciting technologies such as Networking, Security, Microsoft and Storage & Virtualisation and are utilised as the key escalation point for customers across our service offerings.
About the Role
As Service Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the 24 x 7 Service Desk and Support teams in our Managed Services business across our Service offerings and associated technologies. You will drive adherence to process, ensure quality of service and monitor the wider team performance across our customer service and support capability, whilst driving a high level of engagement and ESAT within your organisation.
Also, responsible for providing a capability to support the development and introduction of new/updated services across Softcat’s business lines ensuring operational and service quality is maintained once they have transitioned into production.
What you'll be doing
- Accountable for the 24 x 7 function, directly manage the performance of direct reports, providing coaching and guidance to instil a high-performance culture at a leadership level
- Instil a high-performance culture in the wider Service Desk and Support organisation with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership. Encourage open communication between team members, allowing them to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver a more effective service
- Work with HR and Learning & Development teams to ensure your team are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service. Produce and ensure direct reports are working towards their Personal Development Plans
- Support the Services Portfolio, Service Integration and Service Assurance teams in the Agile/Sprint development of new/improved services. Ensuring the technical capability of the team meets the overall service development strategy of the business
- Represent the Managed Service support capability across the wider business, enabling the best possible customer experience during “in-life” operation, where appropriate acting as an escalation to drive customer satisfaction
- Drive adherence to the processes, systems and functions that support the build, test and deployment of changes into a live environment. Support the controlled and effective handover process in line with service descriptions, ITIL, ISO 20000 and/or industry best practice
- Develop, enhance and provide visibility of key governance and performance measures to drive business intelligence led decision making
- Ownership of Technical SLA Management, develop ownership of technical operating guides/work instructions and procedures
- Stakeholder management and ownership of all key operational relationships with vendors/partners; working with Partner Management to ensure a consistent and high customer satisfaction
- You will have input into the annual budget and will be required to run and deliver to the agreed budget. Reviewing and optimising current costs with a focus on cost efficiency through agreed means such as automation, process and system improvements
What we need from you
- Subject matter expert within your own discipline and has a broader understanding of all aspects of Managed Services
- Demonstrable experience of team leadership including development of high performing technical teams
- Experience of running a 24 x 7 function within a Service Operation environment, preferably with an ITIL focus
- A desire to provide outstanding customer experience underpinned by high degrees of employee engagement
- A demonstratable capability of handling customer escalation, difficult conversations and conflict resolution
- An ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across Softcat, their partners and their customer base
- Resilience and tenacity
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.