ServiceNow Technical Product Owner / Developer
Technical | Marlow
Systems Development Manager
Competitive plus benefits
1st October 2020
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a ServiceNow Technical Product Owner you will join our IT Solutions Team as we look to take our existing practices, solutions and use of technology to the next level. You will lead the development of ServiceNow platform solutions, ensuring best practice, development standards and prioritisation are undertaken at all times, and that work is completed in line with the core principles outlined in our IT Strategy.
What we need from you
- A broad and deep technical understanding of the ServiceNow Platform at both an architectural and coding/configuration level
- Wide range of implementation and development experience in ServiceNow including SOAP/REST integration, Discovery, Service Catalogs, Business Rules, Update sets, and Workflow
- Advisory and consultancy expertise with up to date platform roadmap knowledge, including awareness and understanding of dependencies between different elements
- The ability to develop, input to and review architectural designs
- Understanding and experience of implementing ServiceNow best practices
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement gathering and analysis, design, coding, testing, quality assurance, implementation, issue tracking, version control, deployment and project management
- Ability to translate business need into technical solutions, taking advantage of out of box functionality and minimizing required customization
- Expertise in setting up the full ServiceNow solution and its integration with other products
- Expert level ITSM knowledge
- Excellent understanding of ITIL processes
- Excellent experience on complex ServiceNow integrations
- Familiar with the concepts of CMDB and Asset Management Services: Business Services and Configuration item relationships
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.