Services Portfolio Manager (cf. Product Owner/Manager)
Technical | South Coast
Services Portfolio Manager Team Lead
Competitive salary plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
As the Services Portfolio Manager, you are pivotal in the development and delivery of the services roadmap. You will be the custodian of each service during its development and testing within the cross-functional, self-managing service development team, to ensure the service product is developed in line with the vision for it. Akin to a Product Manager, you will have accountability for the quality of your products. The role will see you deploy your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for your delivery teams. Within that scope, you will be asked to develop and support IT managed services for Cloud, Cyber Security and Digital Workspace.
Alongside researching new service requirements and formulating business cases for approval, you’ll have ownership of project managing the creation and development of any new services that are approved, of determining the features of those services, and ensuring service development updates are communicated to key people in Softcat.
You will be required to develop a thorough understanding of customer needs, the market, our competition, and future trends to feed into the services being developed.
Owning and articulating the vision behind each service to the service development team will form part of your remit, as you’ll engage with the virtual service development team and build exceptional relationships with team members.
What we need from you
- Experience developing services across IT managed services including Cloud, Cyber Security and Digital Workspace
- Experience working in a service-focused organisation, on fast-paced projects, in a highly analytical way to find creative solutions to challenges
- An ability to develop and maintain relationships within a team made up of many different roles, coupled with a demonstrable organisational leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the ability to present information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly
- A good news sense and an ability to spot opportunities to improve through people, process, and tools
- The propensity to balance work priorities, organise own workload, work with minimal supervision, and under pressure to meet deadlines, facing new situations and changing priorities
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full JD