Services Portfolio Manager
Technical | Marlow, Whiteley
Services Portfolio Manager
Marlow or South Coast
Would you like to be part of a team architecting new IT services?
Do you enjoy using your coupling your technical expertise with commercial awareness to fulfil user needs and business goals?
Join our Services Portfolio Management Team
Softcat’s Services Portfolio Management function is in place to develop, introduce, and improve, the IT services that we offer our customers. The role of the team is to research new potential service offerings and bring them to life by working with the wider organisation.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Do you want to have an impact and join a business where you can make the difference?
As the Services Portfolio Manager, you are pivotal in the development and delivery of the services roadmap. You will be the custodian of each service during its development and testing within the cross-functional, self-managing service development team, to ensure the service product is developed in line with the vision for it. Akin to a Product Manager, you will have accountability for the quality of your products. The role will see you deploy your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for your delivery teams. Within that scope, you will be asked to develop and support IT managed services for Cloud, Cyber Security and Digital Workspace.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for:
- Researching new service requirements and formulating business cases for approval
- Owning project management of the creation and development of any new services that are approved
- Ensuring service development updates are communicated to key people in Softcat
- Understanding of customer needs, the market, our competition, and future trends to feed into services being developed
- Determining the features of each service and articulating the vision behind each service to the team
- Being engaged with the virtual service development team building great relationships with team members
What we need from you
- Experience developing services across IT managed services including Cloud, Cyber Security and Digital Workspace
- Experience working within an organisation focused on service in relation to fast-paced projects
- Background of working in a highly analytical way to find creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships within a team made up of many different roles
- Excellent oral and written communication, able to present information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly
- Organisational leadership skills, an ability to balance priorities, organise own workload, and work under pressure without supervision
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours – options to flex the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description