Services Solutions Manager
Technical | Marlow
Services Solution Management Team Lead
Marlow / Leeds / Manchester
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. If you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security this could be the job for you.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. We can offer you opportunities to develop your career further.
As a Services Solution Manager (SSM), you will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team, whilst supporting our Solutions Sales Specialists and Account Managers to assess, design, manage, and coordinate customer solutions that involve a complex services requirement throughout the presales phase. You will also be the person who will be responsible connecting the opportunity to our project and programme management team the service operations and delivery teams if/when the customer goes ahead, and it becomes a project for Softcat to deliver.
What we need from you
- A strong background in Solution Management, Service Architecture, Solution Architecture or general IT Management
- Previous experience working as a key figure in the development of customer solutions, leveraging both professional services and support and managed services
- A firm understanding of a typical SIAM structures in relation to the design of support and managed services
- Strong Knowledge of working within bid teams and the production of proposals for service-based solutions
- Excellent understanding of service methodologies and approaches, preferably with some previous operational management or technical experience
- Excellent oral and written communication, with an engaging presentation style and comfortable delivering customer presentations at a senior level
- Strong commercial background including contract negotiation skills and demonstrable understanding of the costs associated with the provisions of broad annuity services solutions
- Ability to prioritise conflicting needs and balance work priorities, organise own workload, work with minimal supervision, and under pressure to meet deadlines, responding quickly to new situations and changing priorities
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy an extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply below now!