Software Buyer - 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Business | Marlow
Head of Procurement
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we’re a technology solutions business built around our people. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
You’ll be a key member of the Licensing Team within the Procurement Department responsible for processing high volumes of software licensing orders and understanding how key licensing agreements work. You will be working with internal sales teams and external suppliers on deals to ensure they are processed accurately whilst obtaining the best price and providing a high level of service to the customer.
What we need from you
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with different personalities across the business.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook or similar
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to learn quickly and retain large quantities of information
- Proactively learn about core licensing programmes and keep knowledge up to date by taking online exams
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a hardworking and conscientious team and provide support to other team members
- Experience in a procurement role and knowledge of software licensing would be advantageous but not essential
- Able to multi task, set own deadlines, prioritise and deliver against them. Is driven to meet targets on time and on budget, whilst maintaining a focus on quality work.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.