Software Development Business Systems Analyst
Technical | Marlow
IT Development Manager / Project Manager
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
About the Role
Softcat are in the middle of a major project to replace their current ERP system with Oracle NetSuite. As well as creating the integration between NetSuite and Softcat’s other core business systems the programme includes a significant amount of systems re-architecture with the adoption of modern technologies to support the company’s expansion including a new integration platform (iPaaS), enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and operational data stores (ODS).
Having previously played a pivotal role as a systems analyst, in ERP, CRM, EDW and other back-office systems integration projects, you will use your experience of systems design, data architecture, systems integration and systems implementation to create and update the design specifications and work packages that Softcat’s development team need to build the solution.
This role supplements an existing team of analysts and developers on Design and Build work that is well underway. You will be expected to quickly understand the systems requirements, leaning on your prior experience of similar projects. You will elicit further detail from both business and technical subject matter experts as well as interrogating As-Is artefacts that will be replaced and document additional detailed functional and technical design where necessary. You will also need to challenge existing business requirements and HL designs and identify any omissions or weaknesses based on your knowledge of ‘what good looks like’ from your previous projects.
For the remainder of the Design and Build stage through to the project go-live you will own the areas you have specified by answering developers’ questions, providing them with sample data and test scenarios and monitoring and reporting on their progress; identifying, recording, elaborating, and resolving issues; supporting testing activity by documenting test scenarios and cases, creating, and executing system test scripts; planning and taking ownership of key activities in the cut-over and migration at go-live; and supporting the project manager in sprint planning including estimating the user story effort and the preparation of the sprint backlog.
Prior experience of Oracle NetSuite is not required – it’s the breadth of experience of systems analysis and exposure to business systems integration, development and data architecture that is important.
What we need from you
- Strong full project lifecycle experience (on at least two projects) of implementing business systems working as a systems analyst on £1m+ projects in demanding environments, working between business SMEs and developers and demonstrating leadership responsibility
- Demonstrable exposure to core business applications such as CRM, ERP, Finance, Service Management, BI/MI, and bespoke in-house solutions The breadth of experience of the business logic/rules and data entities associated with these systems is important.
- Strong experience of specifying UI’s, business rules and logical/physical data models (incl. SQL skills) to support functional & technical specs
- An analytical process driven mindset – able to understand complex business workflows
- The confidence to lead and the sense of ownership/drive to make things happen without unnecessarily over-burdening others
- Strong communication and management skills – both verbal and written
- Being a self-starter and capable of self-management
- Experience of leading BA activities using agile methods would be useful
- BCS accreditations would be beneficial
- A technical degree or similar; or equivalent experience would be advantageous
This is a day-rate contract.
You must possess an existing Right to Work in the UK; Softcat are regrettably not in a position to offer sponsorship.
To become part the success story, please apply below now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity.