Software Licence Desk Consultant (FTC 18 months)
Technical | Marlow, South Coast, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham
Would you like to be part of a team that will help you grow?
Do you enjoy working as part of an energetic, collaborative, and dedicated team?
Join our Softcat Licensing Desk Team
The SAM Intelligence team provides a range of proactive services to assist our clients with managing their IT estate and software procurement. They work across multiple industry sectors, focusing on best practice, licensing compliance and renewal optimisation, to ensure maximum value is obtained from software investments.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Support Softcat and our clients to succeed
As a Software Licence Desk Consultant, you will proactively support a major client within the ITAM Managed Service area to optimise and manage their software assets. You will work as part of a team delivering world class Software Asset Management services. You will also work closely with our Asset Intelligence Professional Services Team undertaking functional, technical and business orientated tasks in support of a large government organisation.
- Taking responsibility for the management of our software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing
- Analysing and utilising our asset management solution to proactively manage client’s software and hardware
- Conducting agreement entitlement entry/configuration into a licence management solution
- Working as a team to compile reports, analysis, licensing positions and optimisation reports for multiple software vendors
- Reviewing software T&Cs for permitted use within the organisation
What we need from you
- A substantial understanding of software vendors’ complex licensing models
- Demonstrable experience in analysing licensing positions, identifying optimisation opportunities, and agreement renewals
- A Microsoft SAM MCP qualification or currently working towards this
- SC Clearance (or able to obtain)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely a flexible approach to working from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatter’s can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description