Software Asset Manager
Technical | Marlow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, South Coast, Birmingham
SAM Intelligence Practice Lead
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Working within the Asset Intelligence Professional Services Team to establish and undertake daily function, technical and business orientated tasks in support of the customer. You and your team will be involved in the management of software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing, whilst forming trusted advisor relationships. You will be expected to utilise an industry leading asset management solution to proactively manage client’s software and hardware estate. You will be expected to conduct agreement entitlement entry/configuration into a licence management solution, whilst providing support to the SLD consultant team.
- Previous exposure to software and hardware infrastructure and terminology
- Significant experience managing a small and high-performing team as a ‘player-manager’
- Substantial experience of software vendors’ complex licensing models (at least 2 Tier 1 type vendors)
- Demonstrable experience analysing licensing positions, and identifying optimisation opportunities and agreement renewals
- Previously worked with Software licence management solutions (Snow Software would be an advantage)
- You will be expected to obtain a SC Clearance
- Can be located in our Marlow, South Coast, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham or Leeds – or we are happy to discuss working from home if required but you will be expected to attend the office a number of times a week. Please note this candidate will be expected to travel to the customer site twice a week (based in the West Midlands).
- This is a FTC - 12 months contract with the potential to be extended