Software License Desk Analyst
Technical | Marlow
Head of Asset Intelligence
About the team
The Software License Desk currently supports a number of key Softcat customers by providing remote and on-site services. They proactively provide customers with anything from scheduled reports and update calls to full on-site Effective License Positions (ELPs) – all to ensure that our customers are totally in control of their software estate.
As a Software License Desk Analyst, you’ll be expected to proactively support to a major client within the ITAM Managed Service to optimise and manage their software assets. Working on the client’s and Softcat’s Marlow site, you’ll work as part of a team delivering world class Software Asset Management services.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start a career in Software Licensing. You’ll receive training and guidance from your team, with the opportunity to become a fully certified Microsoft SAM MCP professional.
What you'll be doing
- Utilise an industry leading asset management solution to proactively manage client’s software and hardware estate
- Conduct agreement entitlement entry/configuration into a license management solution
- Provide support and resource to the Software License Desk (SLD) consultant team
- Gather data and provide proactive asset optimisation monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Review of software terms and conditions for permitted use within the organisation, including software terms and conditions, agreements and contract reviews
- Assist the team in compiling reporting, analysis, licensing positions and optimisation reports for multiple software vendors
- Provide support and best practice guidance for all facets of Software Licensing
- Undertake general software asset management related tasks in support of the wider team and service
- Communicate and present data to the customer via meetings and monthly/weekly slide decks
- Whilst you’ll be predominately based in Marlow, it’s expected to travel to the clients site based in Warwickshire, two days a week
What we need from you
- With the support from your team, you’ll work towards the Microsoft SAM MCP qualification
- Ideally have worked with a software license management solution such as Snow Software, Flexera etc would be an advantage
- Previous exposure to software and hardware infrastructure and terminology
- Knowledge of license management, ITIL processes and discovery tools and experience of software vendors licensing models would be an advantage
- Experience with building effective license positions would be an advantage
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.