Solutions Architect – Data Centre
Technical | Marlow, Whiteley, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham
Join our Architecture Design Team
The Architecture Design Team comprises members from many different technical backgrounds, from network and security to datacentre, end-user compute and even service architecture. The team provides customers and the wider Softcat team sight of the broader picture – helping to pull all pieces of the jigsaw together and solving the puzzle of how business requirements are interpreted into technical solutions involving multiple technical verticals.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to have the opportunity to work in an established team that has a passion for providing architecture and designs for our customers ?
As a Solutions Architect – Datacentre, you’ll be responsible for:
- Demonstrate the skills and abilities of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Data Centre principles, including storage, compute, virtualization and the Microsoft or Linux services that will consume them
- you’ll be responsible for working with the Data Centre Professional Services team, providing a bridge between design and deployment, as well as educate, coach and train the sales community around Data Centre best practices and help them position the correct architectures to meet customer challenges
- Establish awareness of how business and operation requirements drive the selection between different solutions and how these architectures are managed, secured, and scaled
- As a Data Centre specialist, you will strive to maintain awareness of newly released technologies and new vendor offerings
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements, and business needs for an outcome driven solution
- You will take responsibility for producing high quality design documentation (Technical Options Papers, High Level Designs, diagrams, Statements of Work etc.) when required within a given project or customer engagement
What we need from you
- Experience of traditional 3 tier and HCI based compute, storage and virtualization solutions
- Certs not expected but would be ideal – MCP, VCP, MCSE, HyperV
- Being able to present complex information clearly, persuasively and elegantly through presentations and whiteboarding
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description