Solutions Architect - AWS
Technical | Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, Glasgow, South Coast, Birmingham
Architectural Team Leader – Public Cloud, Solutions Design
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Solutions Architect focused on Amazon Web Services (AWS), you’ll be part of the Architecture Team, as well as the virtual Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE). In this role you’ll be the first port of call for enabling customers to use AWS cloud services. This will see you continually demonstrate the skills and abilities of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in AWS principles, including the Well Architected Framework and the Cloud Adoption Framework. Moreover, you’ll be developing skills, expertise and knowledge in the design of hybrid and cloud-based solutions and architectures.
Along with being involved in pre-sales and consulting activity, you’ll be providing business cost benefit analysis and differential consumption options to customers, as well as creating design estimates, quotations and bills of material where appropriate.
In relation to projects or customer engagements you’ll take ownership for producing high quality design documentation (Technical Proposals, High Level Designs, architecture diagrams, Statements of Work etc.).
The role is highly cross-functional and will see you not only responsible for working with the Public Cloud Professional Services team and wider cloud team, providing a bridge between design and deployment; but also collaborating with other technologists within Solutions Design and other departments within the services community, to support opportunities through to a successful conclusion. Naturally, you’ll be expected to develop new and maintaining existing relationships – with internal customers, external customers and delivery partners.
Furthermore, your remit will extend to educating, coaching and training the sales community around AWS best practices and help them position the correct architectures to meet customer challenges.
What we need from you
- You should already hold an AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional certification, ideally; or at minimum the three Associate level certifications (Solutions Architect, SysOps, Developer)
- Strong experience of Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, Active Directory and Windows and of migrating them to the Cloud
- Strong experience across pre-sales activity
- Breadth of industry experience (e.g. retail, leisure, banking, automotive) spanning both private and public sector
- You should be able to demonstrate awareness of on-premise infrastructure technologies and how they map to AWS constructs to enable smooth transitions for customers who are migrating
- Awareness of Serverless technologies and how developers can use these to build scalable and robust services and applications
- As an AWS SME you will strive to maintain awareness of newly released services and improved capabilities in the AWS environment
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements and business needs
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve results
- Time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
- Being able to present complex information clearly, persuasively and elegantly through presentations and whiteboarding
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.