Solutions Architect - AWS
Technical | Marlow, Whiteley, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham
Solutions Architect - AWS
Any UK office excluding London, Glasgow and Dublin.
Would you like to be part of a customer-facing team working on big projects?
Do you enjoy functioning as a subject-matter expert in relation to AWS cloud adoption?
Join our Solutions Design Team
The Solutions Design department is made of two technical teams, each focusing on different areas of IT design. The Architecture team focuses on large complex architecture within big projects, whilst the Infrastructure team focuses on providing SME expertise within a project and dealing with foundational infrastructure work.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Are you looking to make a difference by joining a team that innovates through technology?
As a Solutions Architect focused on Amazon Web Services (AWS), you’ll be part of the Architecture Team, as well as the virtual Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE). In this role you’ll be the first port of call for enabling customers to use AWS cloud services.
You’ll be required to demonstrate the skills and abilities of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in AWS principles including the Well Architected Framework and the Cloud Adoption Framework.
Your role will see you develop skills, expertise, and knowledge in the design of hybrid and cloud-based solutions and architectures.
As part of your remit, you’ll take responsibility for producing high quality design documentation (Technical Proposals, High Level Designs, architecture diagrams, Statements of Work etc.) when required within a given project or customer engagement.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing business cost benefit analysis and provide differential consumption options to customers
- Working within and beyond the Public Cloud Professional Services team, bridging design and deployment
- Educating, coaching, and training AWS best practices; helping position the correct architectures to meet customer challenges
- Developing new and maintaining existing relationships – with internal customers, external customers, and delivery partners
- Collaborating with others cross-functionally to support opportunities through to a successful conclusion
- Create design estimates, quotations, and bills of material where appropriate
What we need from you
- You’ll hold an AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional certification; or at minimum the three Associate level certifications (Solutions Architect, SysOps, Developer) (please upload a copy of the relevant certifications when you apply)
- Knowledge of technologies including SQL Server, Active Directory and Windows; experience of migrating them to the Cloud
- Strong track record of pre-sales activity from an architectural perspective
- Varied industry experience (e.g. retail, leisure, banking, automotive) spanning both private and public sector
- Awareness of on-premise infrastructure technologies and how they map to AWS constructs enabling transitions for migrating customers
- An understanding of Serverless technologies and how they’re used to build scalable and robust services/applications
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours – options to flex the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description