Solutions Architect II - EUC & Digital Workspace
Technical | All Offices
Design Manager – Architecture, Solutions Design
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. We can provide you with the opportunity to expand and progress your career further.
As a Solutions Architect focused on Digital Workspace (End-User-Compute) technologies, you will be part of the Solutions Design department, with close ties to the Chief Technologist for Digital Workspace, whilst leveraging the extensive capabilities of the EUC and Platforms Professional Services consultants. In this role you’ll be the first port of call for enabling customers to use transformative end-user workspace services and architectures.
What we need from you
- Ideally hold a VMware Certified Professional for Digital Workspace (VCP-DW 2020) certification and similarly relevant VMware or Citrix focussed certifications
- You should be able to demonstrate awareness of both on-premises and cloud-based workspace architectures, how business and operation requirements drive the selection between the two approaches and how these architectures are secured and scaled
- As a Digital Workspaces (EUC) specialist you will strive to maintain awareness of newly released services and improved capabilities with VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Azure and AWS end-user-compute technologies
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements and business needs
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve results
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
- Have the ability to present complex information clearly, persuasively and elegantly through presentations and whiteboarding
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy an extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.