Solutions Architect - Networking
Technical | Marlow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, South Coast, Birmingham
Join our Architecture Design Team
The Architecture Design Team comprises members from many different technical backgrounds, from network and security to datacentre, end-user compute and even service architecture. Architecture Design provides customers and the wider Softcat team sight of the broader picture.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
In this role you will be first port of call for creating Network and Security solutions for customer problems.
As Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrate the skills and abilities of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Networking and Security
- Exposure to SD-WAN, Software Defined Networking, on premise and cloud security
- Develop your skills, expertise, and knowledge in the design of hybrid and cloud-based solutions and architectures
- Responsible for producing high quality design documentation
- Working with the Networking and Security Professional Services team, providing a bridge between design and deployment
What we need from you
- Cisco Certified Network Professional in Routing and Switching, Wireless or Datacentre. (please upload a copy of your certification when you apply)
- Demonstrate awareness of both traditional and software-defined architectures
- Maintain awareness of newly released technologies and new vendor offerings
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements and business needs
- Present complex information clearly, persuasively and elegantly through presentation and whiteboarding
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description