Solutions Associate – Cisco Campus Networks
Technical | Marlow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, South Coast, Birmingham
Join our Softcat Infrastructure Design Team
The Infrastructure Design team is part of the Solutions Design department and comprises of members from many different technical and non-technical backgrounds; from network and security to datacentre, HCI and even service architecture. Solutions Design provides customers and the wider Softcat team sight of the broader picture.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Support Softcat and our clients to succeed
The Solutions Associate role is the first step towards a technical career in design, presales, and architecture at Softcat. The role focuses on understanding customer technical requirements to provide advice and builds. You will be expected to be able to communicate with internal customers and provide information about technical products and services.
- Understanding, scoping and documenting customers’ business and technical requirements
- Producing BoMs and other foundational documentation
- Working with other Solutions Design members, Professional Services consultants, and Architects.
- Collaborating with the Softcat Sales Specialists and the Softcat Account Management team to provide technical information
- Developing your skills and abilities as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in your relevant field
- Establishing and maintaining relationships – with internal customers, external customers, and our key vendor partners
What we need from you
- Passion for technology and making technology work for businesses
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Work independently as well as part of a team to achieve results
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely a flexible approach to working from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description