Business | Marlow
Competitive with excellent benefits
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices, and experienced professionals.
Success. The Softcat way.
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
This is the first role of its kind within Softcat. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking the tax function to the next level, improving controls and compliance across the tax spectrum, and providing valuable tax insight to the rest of the business. Although responsible for one head initially, there is an opportunity to create a team around you in the future. Whilst the role would be initially UK focussed, the responsibility will widen to international where the business is looking to expand further and build on its current foreign branch network (Ireland/Singapore/US/Hong Kong & Australia at present). Whilst providing strategic direction on tax is a necessity, so is the ability for this individual to be able to roll their sleeves up and get involved with preparing returns and getting into the data.
What you'll be doing
- Management of the UK corporation tax function, which is currently outsourced
- Build relationships with external UK and Multinational tax advisory teams
- Own the CCM relationship with HMRC
- Take the lead on UK tax accounting and reporting requirements
- Bring the transfer pricing process in-house with support from external advisors
- Support and improve responses to tax evasion risk across the organisation
- Review and improve processes around the VAT return, Intrastat & EC Sales list reporting
- SAO submission preparation including documentation and review processes
- Provide technical tax and project management support on local and global projects: Multinational structure, Property, M&A transactions etc.
- Be influential in helping configure the new ERP system
- Support the wider multinational trade team with indirect tax queries for specific deals
- Provide support to payroll and other departments, where necessary, to improve tax processes
- Diversity & Inclusion – be responsible for building and developing a diverse and inclusive team
- An accounting or tax qualification (ACCA/ACA/ICAS/CTA)
- Experience of working in either in house or UK top tier practice
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and thought skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment
- A confident individual with good levels of judgement and pragmatism, comfortable working within a commercial environment with senior members of the business
- A drive to succeed and progress
- Professional and proactive approach and focus on continuous improvement
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether its activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story,
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.