Technical Consultant – Modern Workplace
Technical | Marlow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, Glasgow, South Coast, Birmingham
Technical Consultant – Modern Workplace
Marlow, Birmingham, South Coast, Leeds, Bristol & Manchester
Would you like to be part of a team that enables business growth?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Professional Services Team
Softcat’s Professional Services department delivers our customer facing technical solutions. The department consists of a growing team of sixty consultants and engineers specialising in Datacentre, Networking and Security, End User Computing, Unified Communications, Platform and Public Cloud solutions; dotted all over the UK.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Are you looking to work/design and scope with the latest modern Workplace technologies?
As a Technical Consultant – Modern Workplace you’ll be responsible for:
- Take responsibility for Microsoft driven implementation projects, with a focus on Modern Workplace, for a wide variety of small, medium and enterprise customers
- Designing and implementing solutions geared towards the ‘Modern Workplace’ evolution including Windows 10, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Microsoft Defender ATP, Device and Application Management, System Centre Configuration Manager, Autopilot, Always-On VPN
- Following plans and instructions created by our solutions design team, you’ll ensure the solution you’ve delivered is functional, fit for purpose and that handover and relevant documentation is provided to our customers
- From time to time, you’ll be involved in supporting our presales efforts by advising our sales force, our customers and gathering requirements
- Provide specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure the continued growth and development of the team
What we need from you
- Have an existing broad understanding of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager, Endpoint Manager and Client Security
- Industry recognised certifications (MCSE or higher accreditation) (please upload a copy of your certification when you apply)
- Demonstrable experience in designing and deploying Microsoft Modern Workplace focused solutions and able to demonstrate the skills of a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you
- You'll need to have a keen eye for detail and work well within a team. We also need self-motivation, with an on-going desire to maintain your knowledge level at the forefront of technology
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Home working possible and admin days are provided
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Regular travel to customers site will be required
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description