Technical Consultant - Public Cloud
Technical | Marlow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, South Coast, Birmingham
Join our Professional Services Team
Softcat’s Professional Services department delivers our customer facing technical solutions. Consultants and engineers specialising in Datacentre, Networking and Security, EUC, UC, Platform and Public Cloud solutions.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Support Softcat and our clients to succeed
You'll need to have a keen eye for detail and work well within a team. We also need self-motivation, with an on-going desire to maintain your knowledge level at the forefront of technology.
As Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for Microsoft 365 implementation projects for a wide variety of small, medium and enterprise customers
- Focusing on security at every step of the engagement from planning to implementation
- Involved in supporting our presales efforts by advising our sales force, our customers and gathering requirements
- Guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure the continued growth and development of the team
What we need from you
- Microsoft 365 (including hybrid configuration)
- Enterprise Mobility and Security suite including Azure AD Premium, Conditional Access, Azure Information Protection, Identity Protection, and Intune
- Azure AD Connect (including seamless single sign on and passthrough authentication)
- Active Directory (including ADFS)
(please upload a copy of your certification when you apply)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description