Technical Pre-Sales Consultant – Digital Workspace
Technical | Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, South Coast
Infrastructure Design Team Leader
All Offices (except London)
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Solutions Professional focusing on Digital Workspace, you will work as a member of Solutions Design department to translate a client’s business requirements into innovative, thoughtful, and well-designed solutions either on premise or via a public or private cloud offering. The role requires demonstrating the skills of a subject matter expert, which means constantly striving to be at the top of your game in the latest Digital Workspace technologies and methodologies like Microsoft 365, VMware Workspace ONE or Citrix Workspace. Although Digital Workspace should be your primary skillset, being able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the whole gamut of Solution Design (compute, storage, networking, BC/DR, cloud, virtualisation, management, and infrastructure) is a core part of the role.
What we need from you
- A proven background in presales, professional services, and solutions design from your previous Subject Matter Expert role
- Experience of conducting customer meetings, whiteboarding and documenting solutions
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses
- Ability to understand and ratify technical designs at high level
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, particularly the younger members of the team
- A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills
- Industry recognised qualifications or certifications consummate to the role (Microsoft, VMware, Citrix) are strongly preferred
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether its activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy an extra holiday for yourself or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply below now! Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.