Business | Marlow, Manchester
Recruitment Team Leader
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices, and experienced professionals.
Being part of the Recruitment Team gives you a real insight into how the business works as you’ll be playing a key role in growing each area of the business by hiring exceptional technical talent.
Success. The Softcat Way
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
As a Technical Recruiter working on the technical side of the team, you will be responsible for the recruitment across many areas of the business, including Services (Managed Services & Support Functions), Internal IT, Systems Development, Technology & Solutions, Advisory, and Office of the CTO.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Managing the end-to-end recruitment process (internal and external)
- Talent attraction and proactive sourcing which will require conducting candidate qualification calls, presenting longlists and shortlists to managers
- Developing strong stakeholder relationships and engagement at all levels (including Director and CxO level); building credibility as a technical recruitment professional
- Establishing excellent candidate relationships from entry-level to senior appointments and ensuring a platinum candidate experience throughout the end-to-end process
- Managing the relationship between Softcat and recruitment agencies on the PSL, to meet commercial hiring pressures when necessary
- Developing an understanding of the industry and channel, technologies, and candidate landscape, to inform recruitment decisions
- Adding value to the recruitment process and proposing solutions to recruitment challenges
What we need from you
- Experience of working in a technical recruitment role (either agency or in-house)
- Strongly networked on platforms like LinkedIn within the technology space
- Demonstrable experience of proactive sourcing
- A passion for technology and its intersection with business; with a demonstrable interest in technology thought-leadership and developments related to technology would be advantageous
- Highly organised and resourceful, with outstanding plate-spinning ability
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and proactive
- Exceptional candidate engagement and relationship-building skills; able to build rapport quickly and maintain engagement
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrable commercial acumen, with the ability to develop and maintain cross-functional relationships and manage sensitive situations
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.