Technical Team Leader - Service Integration
Technical | Marlow
Service Integration Manager
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
About the Role
As Technical Team Leader – Service Integration, you will be working alongside, leading and developing the Service Integration Team in our Managed Services business. You will be responsible for providing a capability to support the development and introduction of new/updated services across Softcat’s business lines ensuring operational and service quality is maintained as they move into production. This will entail close collaboration with the other Services teams to ensure new customers and new/upgraded services are onboarded with seamless handover and transition into “in-life” operation.
Managing the day to day activities of the team, performance management of direct reports, providing coaching and guidance to instil a high performing and customer focused culture across the team. You will working with your line manager to ensure team members are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service, and ensuring direct reports are working towards their Personal Development Plans.
You will act act as first point of escalation – including but not limited to, hierarchical, technical and customer escalations.
In conjunction with your line manager you’ll agree, monitor and report on the quality of the integration delivery SLAs, OLAs & KPIs, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
Your remit will also involve delivering efficiencies through best practice and ensuring service quality and customer satisfaction remains high.
What we need from you
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload accordingly
- Accountability for not only your own actions and decisions but also those of your direct reports
- The initiative to keep your own and your direct reports’ skills and knowledge of their technical or professional specialisms up to date
- A Subject Matter Expert within their own discipline who has a broader understanding of all aspects of Managed Services, including but not limited to:
- Networking technology and core principles such as Capacity and Availability Management
- Security technologies and core principles such as Capacity and Availability Management
- Best practice methodologies such Agile, Automation, ITIL and Prince2
- The ability to advise utilising your wider area of technical expertise coupled with your knowledge of the implications of new technologies and developments in your area of accountability
- Ability to keep up to date with changes and new developments in technological, procedural and best-practice frameworks across Managed Services through personal development activities.
- IMPORTANT: You will be put through BPSS clearance upon hire (so need to be eligible and willing to undergo that vetting), and need to be eligible, and willing to become security cleared, if required, in the future
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity.