US Business Operations Executive
Business | North Virginia, United States
Competitive with excellent benefits
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices, and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses, and a company that feels like a family – with buzzing office locations, lots going on socially and a real sense of working together and achieving together.
As a Business Operations Executive, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day processing of key operational functions including the procurement of technology and services, order management, customers services and other administrative tasks. You’ll work closely with the UK team (with departments such as operations, customer services, export etc) and be responsible for building and maintaining strong, trusting relationships with our vendor and distributor partners.
This is fast-paced role and requires you to be agile and capable of thinking on your feet. You will have an insight into the overall sales process and the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience. This is a unique opportunity to develop a number of different skills and experience working with numerous parts of the business, enabling you to gain a real understanding of how the business operates.
What you'll be doing
This is a brand-new position within our US office and will have an immediate impact on our operational capabilities. You’ll be responsible for several duties, tasks and initiatives which are expected to evolve as the office grows and matures. Tasks include:
- Day to day procurement of all US orders – both direct and indirect
- Develop our systems catalogue by creating new part codes, product descriptions etc
- Order management, including backlog reporting
- Onboarding new vendors and distributors onto our systems
- Warehouse management with our logistics partners
- Support our Export team with any US imports or exports
- Manage the customer returns process
- Support and post-sale queries
- Contribute to the development of our preferred list of suppliers
What we need from you
- Relevant experience in a similar administrative role in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others, both internally and externally
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft software, such as Excel
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether its activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.