VMware Business Development Manager (Entry Level)
Sales | Marlow
Would you like to work with one of our top partners?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively to enable business growth?
Join our Vendor Alliances team
Our 40 strong team are responsible for the day to day relationships and engagement of Softcat’s top vendor partners. Working to enable Softcat, they plan and execute against joint business objectives to drive mutual growth.
Softcat’s VMware business unit is one of the fastest growing vendors in Softcat. As a VMware Principal Partner, Softcat has achieved the highest partner status possible. In fact, we're ranked VMware's number three partner in the UK by revenue and number one for orders transacted.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Grow our business by enabling our sales teams
This is an exciting opportunity to join as our VMware Business Manager, responsible for our Southern offices. This role will work alongside our Sales Executives to develop new opportunities with their customer. You will become the go to individual for our Sales teams when it comes to VMware technology and will be responsible for driving sales enablement and marketing strategies across your region.
As a VMware Business Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with our Sales teams to maximise VMware revenue and opportunities
- Acting as a VMware product expert, assisting sales teams on customers calls and meetings
- Creating and managing VMware sales initiatives and campaigns to engage our Southern sales offices
- Building strong relationships with the VMware sales teams, Softcat teams and customers
- Planning and running regular training and enablement sessions for our sales teams
What we need from you
- Previous experience in a customer facing sales role
- A passion for technology and how it can enable businesses
- The proactivity to take ownership of your own business area
- The confidence to present and run large scale training and sales enablement sessions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multiple business areas
- The ability to build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely a flexible approach to working from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description