You may be a school or college leaver looking for an alternative to University. Or perhaps you’re a University student looking for a placement opportunity as part of a year in industry. If you’re ready to take the first steps in your career, Softcat is the perfect place to start out. Whether it’s our award-winning Apprenticeship programme or our exciting new internship programme, we’ll give you all the support and freedom to have a great career and grow into a future leader.
Whilst we are in the tech sector, you definitely don’t need to be a techie to join us. Whatever your talents, there could be an opportunity for you here within either our Sales, Commercial, Business or Technical teams.
Ready to make the most of your potential? Softcat is the perfect place to start out. We have a proud track record of training Apprentices, and then watching them follow successful careers with us. Whatever your talents, there could be an opportunity for you here across Sales, Business, Technical & Services. You will start earning from day one. You’ll also be tasked with a variety of exciting challenges, with plenty of guidance on hand from experienced colleagues, mentors and our employee support networks. Week by week, you’ll gain the knowledge, soft skills and confidence it takes to thrive.
What We Look For
- A genuine person who is positive with an enthusiastic approach to work
- An ambitious, motivated, and hardworking team player
- A willingness and commitment to learning and training
- Good organisation & communication skills
- Hold at least a GSCE in Maths and English (grade subject to qualification – see job advert for the details)
If you are a University student looking for a paid placement year, then look no further. Whichever team you join, you’ll enjoy day-to-day involvement in a mixture of project work and support work for your chosen area, as well as experience the amazing culture that is part of our DNA. Our internships are the perfect way to experience life at Softcat.
What We Look For
- A current undergraduate at university, in your penultimate year, from any degree discipline
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships externally and internally
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independently or as part of a team
- A dedication to learning
Rewards & Benefits
Exposure to the whole business with the opportunity to make a real impact.
ENJOY THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE
Whether you’re with us for 12 months or 18, you’ll be an integral part of our team during your time with us; enjoying team incentives, trips, socials and company kicks off.
Recognition awards and incentive schemes to reward personal achievements.
FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD
Help yourself to a free breakfast selection.
Flexible start/finish times, duvet days, a day off for your birthday.